Heavy vehicle. This is another theme that keeps our tec […]
Heavy vehicle. This is another theme that keeps our technical service department buzzing at this time of year.
Here are 7 tips to remember when starting a heavy jump:
1. Always make sure you have the right working tools. Jump starters come in many sizes, and some are designed to perform multiple functions. However, the main function of any jump starter is to start the vehicle when needed. Therefore, make sure to use a starter that matches your specific starting needs correctly. This is crucial when quickly starting heavy vehicles.
2. Take care of your starter, it will take care of you. Keeping it charged, especially at extreme temperatures, is usually the most difficult state of the battery. In addition, if you can store it at temperatures above 50˚F in winter, the performance will be better.
3. Don't underestimate the importance of finding a suitable vehicle ground for negative clamps. A complete conductive circuit is an absolute requirement for a successful start. You should look for heavy metal parts of the vehicle chassis or engine block away from the battery. Do not connect to carburetor, fuel lines or sheet metal body parts.
4. If the vehicle battery is a traditional full-fluid battery, make sure that it has the proper water level as determined in the manufacturer's guide. If the water level is low, add distilled water according to the manufacturer's guidelines. Do not overfill, otherwise it may cause leakage and other problems. Also, remember not to try to quickly start a frozen battery.
The conductivity of the battery connection is particularly important. Check that all batteries are firmly connected. Visually check the connection for signs of deterioration or other problems. For example, the discoloration of the battery connection may often be the result of carbon deposits on the cable, which will cause a voltage drop on the cable, thereby reducing the starting power.
6. On vehicles with multiple batteries, always connect the battery closest to the starter. This ensures that the maximum power available for the jump starter is transferred to the starting system without being exhausted by the battery pack, which can be very tiring depending on the number of batteries involved.
7. On large vehicles (such as OTR trucks), it first takes a few minutes to ignite the glow plug. Connect the starting starter correctly, put the car key in the attachment position, and open the glow plug, which takes 20 to 40 seconds. Then, turn the vehicle key to the off position and allow the jump starter to recover for 2-3 minutes. Then, try to start the vehicle quickly. This process will greatly increase the chance of success.
When determining the size of the jump starter required for heavy jump start tasks, there are many factors at play, including the type of vehicle you need to start and the number of jump starts that need to be performed. On any given day, the number of batteries in a typical vehicle to be started and the extreme temperatures encountered in a particular climate. Each company's needs are different. As mentioned in Tip 1 above, it is important to choose the right tool for your needs.
Normally, after talking with our technical service team, fleet operators and implement dealers determine that they need a reversible jump starter. When heavy start is involved, the unit is the “big boy” of the wheel starter. Specially designed for road transportation, transportation and heavy machinery industry.
In addition, digital batteries and system testers are a tool that can make a lot of money when starting heavy vehicles. This tool can help you determine the source of the startup problem: is it the battery, the startup system, or the charging system? Comments are welcome
Our JUMP START is exported to customers in the United States, Europe, Africa and Asia. Yuyao Linsheng is a professional China manufacturer of heavy-duty jump starters and a Spotlight Company from China . We mainly produce auto parts, emergency lights, emergency starters, air compressors, vacuum cleaners, malfunction lights and spotlights. It is one of China's high-quality consumer product manufacturers. We also welcome OEM and ODM orders. Whether you choose the current product from our catalog or seek engineering help for your application, you can consult our customer service center for your purchasing requirements. https://www.linsheng.com/product/jump-start/